Tuesday 22 November 2011

Cass and Santos Czech Out Prague!


I told Cass I would write the blog post for Prague. In Prague, I was struck down with the flu, and because the universe apparently enjoys symmetry, as I write this post about Prague, Cass is now sick.

Firstly, Cass is fine. She has a bit of a leaky nose and a sore throat, but as I’m sure John and Charmaine know, she takes being sick in her stride and barely lets it show.  As for me, as my family knows, I’m not so great at handling the flu. I’m constantly on the verge of death, weakly calling out for help and lamenting my torturous existence while wrapped tightly in a blanket.

I got sick on the first night and spent the next 3 days pretty much entirely in our room. Cass looked after me and on the fourth finally we ventured out on a tour of Prague. The tour guide was so-so, but we saw some nice things and we got to see Prague from a riverboat, which was cool.  We walked from the city center to the astronomical clock, around the Jewish Quarter and across the Charles Bridge to the old town.  The next day we explored ourselves, which I think was better. We visited the castle, saw Europe’s largest Baroque cathedral and walked across the Charles Bridge a few times.  We ended up in front of the astronomical clock just in time to watch it chime for the hour.

The stay was kind of marred by lingering spectre of the flu, but the last 2 days were nice. But things picked up at our next stop: Venice.   













Love from Santos and Cass

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment